2010 Noise Complaint Log

1.        February 1. Julie Palmer, 772-3145, who lives off of Nelson and Airport Road, called to complain about air traffic over her house flying low and loud. I called her back and explained our NAP to her and advised I would monitor the situation
2.        March 4. Tom, 747-3981, lives out off of 75th Street, south of Hwy 119, called to complain about general air traffic from the airport flying low over the area. He said it is not coming from the antique field that he lives next to and wanted me to get the word out to the users. I called him back and explained our NAP procedures and also that he is probably getting a mix from our airport and Boulder.
3.        March 25, 2010. Lou Dobbs, 579-2244. Lives in Lyons. Called to complain about a yellow plane with orange and red stripes around the wing doing aerobatics over Rabbit Mountain to the east. She said the box is closed and also reported the plane to the FAA. She wanted me to keep an eye out for him to notify him when he lands.
4.        April 9 @ 14:30. Katy Hibbard, who lives just west of the airport, called to complain about a black helicopter that has been constantly buzzing her and she is tired of it. She wants me to find out who it is, pass on the info to her so she can contact them directly.
5.        April 10 @ 10:00, Ramona Richmond, who lives in Hygiene, called to complain about a small red airplane that buzzed her house this morning. She wanted me to talk to the pilots and ask him to avoid her house.
6.        April 10 @ 10:15, Bob Short 823-5042, who lives up off Hwy 36, called to complain about MHSC and having to listen to their airplane every 20 minutes. He wanted to know if he was going to have to put up with that again this year and also wanted to know what was happeneing with our working group about the MHSC noise problem.
7.        April 11 @ 13:15, Clark Allen, who lives by Twin Peaks Golf Course, called to say way too many planes are flying over his house and it is constant harassment. He said he has a lawyer and has no problem suing the City.
8.        April 11 @ 14:00, a resident who said he lives on the west side said the planes are just too intrusive today and wants me to remind all the pilots to fly quieter.
9.        April 10 @ 11:20 an anonymous man called to complain about an airplane that is buzzing his neighborhood for too long and its too noisy and he is going to call the police.

2 comments:

  1. I have a request for pilots arriving and departing Longmont and Boulder airports. I love aviation its been a hobby of mine since I was a kid. Please overfly my house in the Cottonwood Park West neighborhood of Niwot. Fly as low and loud as legally possible. I know Longmont airport has no control over this but, It was so awesome on Memorial day 2010 when F-16s from the Colorado ANG Redye flew over Niwot. I was so hopping for a Memorial day flyby and got a good one. I have hours of fun watching the skydive aircraft and other general aviation aircraft from Longmont and Boulder area. I also listen on my radio scanner too, when a pilot reports over IBM, I get excited, questions run through my head, Will he buzz my house?... I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 274 flights a day times 180 days this year is about 49320 flights. So only 9 of those flights caused complaints, or 0.02% complaint rate!!!

    Name one other endeavour in human existence that has that low of a complaint rate?

    ReplyDelete